Analysis & Design Artifact Set >
Design Model... >
- The signal name is unique.
- The signal is used in at least one collaboration.
- The signal's brief description captures the purpose of the
signal and briefly summarizes the role it plays in the system.
- The signal reflects a single well-defined purpose.
- The signal name describes the purpose of the message rather
than how to achieve the purpose.
- The signal name does not reflect "destination
dependency" which would reduce reuse potential (e.g. 'RequestInformationOfLeftTerminal').
© 1987 - 2001 Rational Software Corporation