University of Houston-Clear Lake
2700 Bay Area Blvd. B-3531-4
Houston, TX 77058
|Areas of Interest:
- Human Factors
- Safety Engineering
- Business & Engineering Economy
- Industrial Engineering
- Construction & General Industry Safety
- Environmental Sciences
- Hazard Analysis & Accident Investigation
- At UHCL/UH:
- ABET Commissioner-Team Chair (2012-Present)
- Elected Senator at Large-UHCL (2011-2012, and 2012-2013)
- Human Subjects Review Board-Chair of SCE (2011-Present)
- Recipient of the UHCL 5-year service award (2011)
- Promoted to Associate Professor with Tenure (2011)
- ABET Program Evaluator (PEV) for Applied Science Accreditation Committee (2009-Present)
- Institute of Safety & Health Managers Board Member, and Chair of the Professional Development Committee (2009-Present)
- Editor, Journal of Safety & Health Research (JSHR) (2008-Present)
- Recipient of the UH Cullen College of Engineering "Outstanding Lecturer Award" (2008-2009)
- At WVU:
- Recipient of the WVU Extension Service’s 2004 Extension Performance Award for “Team Program Excellence”
- Recipient of the WVU Extension Service’s 2004 Extension Performance Award for “Outstanding Advanced Researcher”
- Recipient of the Industrial Engineers' Honorary Society (Alpha-Pi-Mu).
- Chair, “Safety, Health, & Ergonomics in Design, Industry, & Construction” Annual conference, Boston, MA (2000-2002).
- Graduate Fellowship (Teaching Assistant). Management Information Systems class, College of Business & Economics, WVU (1994-1995).
- Graduate Fellowship (Graduate Research Assistant). Institute for Safety & Health Training, WVU (1993-1995).
- Scholarship recipient, National Institute for Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), (1992-1993).
- Merit recipient as an outstanding WVU Employee for 7 consecutive years. I was rated “Excellent” in Research, Teaching, and Service from both the P&T committee and Center Director of WVU Extension
- UHCL BS programs in Safety and Industrial Hygiene are now accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering & Technology (ABET)
- UHCL BS graduate students in Safety can now apply for, and become Graduate Safety Professionals (GSP) from the Board of Certified Safety Professional (BCSP)
- UHCL programs in Safety or Industrial Hygiene, at both levels, Masters or Bachelor, are now Designated by the Institute for Safety & Health Management (ISHM). This means that graduates of our programs can now apply and become Associate Safety & Health Managers (ASHM). Our graduates will only need to sit for the CSHM exam 2 years after graduation. This is a saving of 3 years. See letters for Safety and IH, as well as certificates for Safety and IH from ISHM.
- We now offer the UHCL Certification in HF/Ergo (in MS Word) (in pdf).
UHCL Site Map | Webmaster: Dr. Akladios ©2013